CIMA Announces 2023 Make It Music Awards Winners
CIMA is thrilled to announce the recipients of the inaugural Make It Music Awards , a component of Make It Music – A Futures Thinking Summit , which took place April 25-26 at Offworld in Toronto . The Make It Music Awards is an evolution of CIMA ’ s previous Gala Awards , carrying on that spirit of recognition of our members and community , leaders , innovators , and champions in Canada ’ s independent music sector .
These awards capped off the twoday Summit of highly curated content and speakers , designed to engage , rattle , and inspire music industry professionals , regardless of discipline or career stage .
The 2023 Make It Music Award Honourees :
• STRONGER : Amanda Rheaume & ShoShona Kish ( Ishkōdé Records )
( Formerly the Brian Chater Leadership Award )
• FEARLESS : Laura Simpson & Dan Mangan ( Side Door Access ) - Presented by Gowling WLG ( Formerly the Entrepreneur Award )
• CHAMPION : Farley Flex Nwaigbo ( Plasma Management & Productions Inc .) ( Formerly the Unsung Hero Award )
• BOLD : Monstercat & WHIPPED CREAM for “ SOMEONE YOU CAN COUNT ON ” ( Formerly the Marketing Award )
• CHANGE : Jake Gold ( The Management Trust ) ( Formerly the Builder Award )
• QUEEN OF FUCKING EVERY- THING : Pegi Cecconi ( SRO Management ) ( An extension of the Builder Award )
CANADIAN MUSICIAN 17