Massey Hall / Roy Thomson Hall Job : Event Coordinator
Do you have the desire to make an impact and be part of an exceptional team ? Does a career with two of the world ’ s pre-eminent concert venues interest you ? Then read on !
About us The Corporation of Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall , a charitable non-profit organization , owns and operates two of Canada ’ s most iconic concert halls . Massey Hall has just completed the most extensive renovation in its history with a rejuvenated auditorium , enhanced amenities for artists and patrons , and will soon realize the addition of new performance venues as part of Allied Music Centre . Roy Thomson Hall serves as the home to the Toronto Symphony Orchestra , welcomes the Toronto International Film Festival ’ s redcarpet gala premieres , and plays host to a dynamic array of cultural events throughout the year . The Corporation is actively engaged in Artist Development and Education & Community Outreach initiatives as an investment in the next generation of artists and audiences .
Summary The Event Coordinator is responsible for providing the highest standards of professional event management services to rental clients and house / co-pro presentations .
• Advance show / event requirements with client / tour manager leading up to event date ; conduct site tours and chair coordination meetings with clients and internal departments
• Maintain positive , open lines of communication with clients and internal departments ; identify potential problems and negotiate solutions which meet the needs of all parties
• Oversee events on-site , acting as liaison between the client and internal departments
• Perform artist liaison duties for house presentations , ensuring that artist requirements are advanced via tour manager or directly as required ( i . e .: ground transport , accommodation , catering , payment , etc .)
• Troubleshoot problems and issues as they arise during events , making immediate decisions on courses of action to ensure the overall success of events
• Contract with third parties for externally provided items and / or services to meet event requirements within budget constraints
• Compile estimates of expenses for each event and provide revisions ( with explanations ) as event details change
• Collect deposits and insurance certificates from clients as required
• Keep internal departments informed of detailed event requirements through weekly calendar meetings and event coordination memos , and direct various department staffs accordingly on behalf of client
• Ensure that the Corporation ’ s fire plan and health and safety policies are adhered to
• Identify potential problems and report to management , developing solutions wherever possible
• Prepare settlement package for each event within a four-day deadline post-event , or night-of-show as required , and release to Finance for implementation
• Create and maintain event files to ensure accurate historical records of events is available
• Direct event staff prior to and on event site on behalf of client to ensure smooth running event procedures
• Facilitate third party contracts for event services on behalf of client , with approval from Events Manager
• Ability to make last-minute leadership decisions on event site , maintaining hall ’ s service standard and building rules and regulations , while maintaining client satisfaction
• Certificate in program-hospitality or event planning
• 2-3 years ’ experience working within different venues within the industry
• Previous event coordination experience or experience working with corporate clients and promoters
• Demonstrated ability to deliver superior customer service
• Computer proficiency in Word , Excel , Teams , CRM , and Outlook
• Flexibility to work in different environments , evenings , and weekends as required
• Excellent communication , interpersonal , diplomacy , and influencing skills
• Strong problem solving , trouble shooting , and decision-making skills
• Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer . Applicants requiring accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources Department . The Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act .
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position . Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged . No phone calls please .
76 CANADIAN MUSICIAN