early childhood & kindergarten
CAMP SUNSHINE Grade K ( In fall 2021 )
The perfect “ first camp ” opportunity
Campers follow a schedule of 30-45 minute outdoor & indoor activities throughout their busy day .
We create a fun-filled summer with exploration , socialization and confidence building !
Note : For safety related to the ongoing pandemic , age exceptions for campers under grade K are not permitted . For Pre-k summer activities , join us for S ’ More ParkSchool or Camp Tot Stop . Information can be found in our Spring Brochure .
Energetic , creative , and friendly directors and counselors have specific experience and a desire to provide an unforgettable summer for your camper ! All camp staff goes through an extensive interview process , training , and background checks . Camper to staff ratio is 6:1 .
Supervisor : Sara Stanke , 847.579.3123 , sstanke @ pdhp . org
The Experience :
• Field trips to Heller Nature Center , Hidden Creek Aquapark , local parks , Rosewood Beach , Recreation Center of Highland Park , Sunset Woods Park , and more !
• Express your creativity during weekly themes
• Indoor / outdoor art projects , songs , and games
• Show and tell
• Lunch time ( brought from home )
• Campers will ride buses to various outdoor Highland Park locations
• Buses are equipped with seat belts and campers are secured in their seat by camp staff
• Parents are welcome to observe field trips , admission must be paid when applicable
• Campers attend swim lessons taught by certified swim instructors
• Camper swim skill level is evaluated on the first day of lessons ; campers are grouped accordingly . Campers may progress through different levels throughout the summer
• Visits throughout the summer to Rosewood Beach and Hidden Creek Aqua Park
• Campers only allowed in zero-depth area and splash pad at Hidden Creek Aquapark regardless of skill level
• Campers are allowed to wade in a designated swim area at Rosewood Beach
12 Camp 2021 | Park District of Highland Park • pdhp . org