Easy & Family Friendly Bike Trails in Fernie
Fernie ’ s mountain bike season is from May to October ; many trails are also rideable in winter for fatbiking , making Fernie a year-round biking destination . The trail system spans the valley in every direction and includes a variety of singletrack , including cruisey , gentle beginner-friendly trails .
Island Lake Lodge
Gate to Lodge
MT . FERNIE PROVINCIAL PARK ROAD
Stop in at local shops for the latest in bikes , gear , service , advice , and pick up a free Fernie Summer Trail Map . Give back to the trails by purchasing an Annual ($ 60 ), Weekend ($ 30 ) or Day Trail Pass ($ 15 ) from fernietrailsalliance . com . Download the Trailforks app to access offline trail maps for your rides at trailforks . com / apps / map .
Mount Fernie Provincial Park
Fernie Alpine Resort
James White Park
1 Dirt Jump Park & Skill Zone
2 Fernie Alpine Resort
Adjacent to the Fernie Aquatic Centre , Pine Ave & Ridgemont Ave
• Various sized jumps for all levels and ages
• Small pump tracks
• Skills zone featuring bridges , logs and beginner singletrack
• Group gazebo shelter with picnic table , trail maps , signage , and free bike wash
North Fernie Bridge
Annex Park P
11th St .
4th St .
Open June 26 – September 5 , 2021
2nd Ave .
COAL CREEK ROAD
• Chairlift access open late June to early September
• 38 named bike trails ( 14 novice )
• Coaching and camps for all ages . SCOTT bike rentals , including E-bikes ( new for this year )!
• Accommodation , dining , races and events
Trail Etiquette & Safety :
• Tell someone where you are going and when you expect to be back
• Be respectful of other trail users and their enjoyment of the trail
• Be aware of wildlife , make noise , keep dogs on leash where required
• Respect the environment and leave no trace . All garbage must be packed out and deposited in proper receptacles
• Check the weather forecast before you go , plan and dress accordingly . Bring water and pack snacks for energy
• Support the local trails with a donation or membership
• Stay on designated trails
• Motorized vehicles are prohibited
• Consider carrying bear spray and know how to use it Report Wildlife sightings to WildSafeBC ph : 877-952-7277
Private landowners permit access to certain trail areas , please respect all noted signage while enjoying these trails .
Guided Bike Clinics & Camps
College of the Rockies Ph : 250-423-4691 Fernie Alpine Resort Ph : 250-423-4655 Mystic Mountain Adventures Ph : 403-609-9007 RideTheory Ph : 250-278-9300
For further information :
Visit ridefernie . com Fernie Visitor Centre
102 Commerce Road / HWY 3 | 778-519-0748
Fernie Trails Alliance
Fernietrailsalliance . com
Fernie Mountain Bike Club
Bikefernie . ca
Biking in Fernie
Easy & Family Friendly Trails
ridefernie . com | # ferniestoke