• Run to the River - A gathering of Dodge/SRT Viper
autos to run the River Road between Presidio and Big
Bend National Park.thestablealpine.com
• Five Centuries of Mexican Maps - Opening weekend
of an exhibit of 15th-20th Century Mexican Maps at
the Museum of the Big Bend. Exhibit runs through
December 15. See page 13..
• High Tea at the historic Holland Hotel - Enjoy a
classic High Tea with a selection of British specialties at an
historic West Texas railroad hotel.
• Octoberfest at the historic Holland Hotel - Ring in
the Fall with a melting pot of German tradition and
Lousiana swamp boogie in an historic West Texas
railroad hotel! Featuring live music from Dr. Zog.
viva Big Bend music festivaL
Viva Big Bend is the annual music festival held in, you guessed
it, the Big Bend region of West Texas. In 2018, the festival hosted
concerts in Alpine, Marfa, Fort Davis, and Marathon. Over 50 bands
of diﬀerent sizes and genres hit the stages. If music isn't enough,
there's also an art show and kid's activities. The festival was started
in 2012, and has been a huge success. Get your tickets early. For
information on Viva Big Bend's 2020 schedule and lineup check out
Big Bend ranch rodeo
Calling all cowboys - or those who wish they were cowboys. Join
the action and attend the annual Big Bend Ranch Rodeo August 7-
8, 2020. Working cowboys participate in events celebrating the
local ranching heritage and highlight a unique American lifestyle.
Learn more at www.BigBendRanchRodeo.com
Big Bend gun & knife show
Labor Day Weekend, the Lions Club of Alpine brings the annual
Big Bend Gun & Knife show to the Alpine Civic Center. Learn more
aLPine’s gaLLery night – artwaLk
The 26th anniversary of this unique Alpine event is scheduled
for the weekend before Thanksgiving, November 22-23, 2019. This
signature annual art event helps deﬁne Alpine as an art destination.
Venues at galleries, shops and businesses throughout downtown
feature art, music, and special entertainment. New galleries pop
up every year. Each year a local artist is selected as the Honored
Artist and is featured at special showings throughout the weekend.
Vendors provide food and fun at open air markets and a Silent
Auction adds more interesting art for sale. More @
• Big Bend Comic Con -A celebration of comics, heroes
and popular culture at Sul Ross State University.
• Wild West Bird Fest - Birding weekend featuring the
Wings Over Alpine birds of prey demonstration.
• Big Bend Octane-Fest - Performance car rally
featuring cruises along the Big Bend's scenic routes,
show-n-shine events and more. thestablealpine.com
• Big Bend Birthday Bash - Join Big Bend National Park
and its area partners to celebrate the park's 75th
birthday. Enjoy live music, birthday cake, activities and
• NCOM - America's Premier 1,000-mile, 383-mile and
208-mile ultra bicycle road race. ultradex.net/ncom-
• Harry Potter Halloween Dinner - We Solemnly
Swear That We Are Up To No Good! Come dressed for
a delectable evening featuring a dinner with some of
the famous treats from Harry Potter. Guests will be
sorted into houses upon arrival. TWO SEATINGS: 1 for
Families with Children and 1 for Adults Only.
• Zombie Pub Crawl - A macabre fun time before
Halloween as local and visiting zombies shamble from
stop to stop through downtown Alpine.
• Dia de los Quesos - The 5th annual installment of
Alpine's premier Queso Cookoﬀ features Live Music
and a LOT of cheese. ritcheysaloon.com
• Trans-Pecos Ultra - A 160-mile ultra marathon
through Big Bend Ranch State Park. Runners, volun-
teers, and supporters meet up in Alpine before and
after the race. trans-pecosultra.com
• Center for Big Bend Studies Annual Conference -
Historians, archeologists, folklorists and other
researchers present their work on the past and
present of the Big Bend region and northern Mexico.
• Thanksgiving Buﬀet at the historic Holland Hotel -
Let us host your family holiday with a classic
Thanksgiving Feast at an historic West Texas railroad
• Christmas in Alpine - Parade of Lights, Mountain
Country Christmas, Community Christmas Party,
Winter Wonderland Ice Skating Rink & Children's
• Plein Air Painters of the Four Corners - Members of
the Plein Air Painters of the Four Corners exhibit, see
page 13. museumofthebigbend.com
• Cowboy Poetry Dance
• Crawﬁsh Springfest - Crawﬁsh Boil with Live Music
• Wild West Night - Street Party with food, music,
dancing and more.
• 34th Annual Trappings of Texas - The Museum of
the Big Bend exhibits some of the very best custom
cowboy gear and ﬁne Western Art in the longest-
running event of its kind in the country.
• Cinco de Mayo - Alpine's Cinco de Mayo celebration
is a local tradition featuring a parade, music, dancing,
a car show and the popular Gran Mercado on Murphy
• Alpine Cowboys Homerun 5K - 5K Fun Run followed
by an exhibition baseball game with the Alpine
• Theatre of the Big Bend - Live theatre under the
stars at the Kokernot Outdoor Theatre.
• Fiesta 1888 - A celebration of Alpine History, June 6th
• Alpine Photo Weekend - A full weekend of
photography talks, demos, guided hikes and a Graciela
Iturbide photo exhibit at the Museum of the Big Bend.
• Graciela Iturbide Photographs - See page 14.
• 50th Kiwanis 4th of July Celebration
• 44th Annual Sul Ross Weekend - A series of events
celebrating SRSU & its rodeo program, inculding
roping, a clay shoot, Texas Hold 'Em and golf
tournaments and more. sulrossexes.com
• Viva Big Bend - Viva Big Bend's 9th year will feature
60+ live shows in a wide range of music genres at
more than 15 venues in Alpine, Marfa, Fort Davis and
• Big Bend Ranch Rodeo - Rodeo performances by real
working cowboys, a chuckwagon cook-oﬀ and evening
dances. Sanctioned by the Working Ranch Cowboy
• Big Bend Shooting Foundation Banquet
for more information go to