Berkeley County Landfill, SC
ClosureTurf® Makes Erosion Control Easy—It’s Virtually Install and That’s All.
ClosureTurf is a patented, three-component system comprised of a structured geomembrane, an
engineered synthetic turf and a specified infill. The ClosureTurf system provides predictable performance
over a vegetated Subtitle D landfill cover by:
- Reducing construction and long-term maintenance costs
- Exceeding technical performance factors
- Withstanding extreme weather conditions
- Lasting well beyond the post-closure care period
- Easily incorporating into existing gas collection systems
- Improving storm water quality
- Allowing for Incremental closures for quicker gas control, odor control and leachate reduction
With a footprint of over 1,500 acres, ClosureTurf has proven to be superior in performance when
compared to other cover solutions. Because of its consistent ability to meet and/or exceed compliance
and performance standards, ClosureTurf is the preferred method in landfill final cover designs for many.
CLOSURETURF – ADVANCED FINAL COVER SYSTEM