L E T´S T A l K H E A L T H
- If you are no able to breastfeed the baby due to a medical situation, work with a hospital breastfeeding specialist to determine if pumping your breast milk may be necessary.
- Mothers who breastfeed, have lower risk for type 2 diabetes and certain cancers, such as breast cancer.
Robin Paine, Nutritionist
certified breastfeeding counselor at
HRHCare WIC Program
- Room in with your baby, spend as much time as you can with the baby after delivery.
If you had a c-section you can still breastfeed.
-Avoid formula supplementation and over breastfeeding your baby.
- Do not exceed the use of the pacifier, this can alter the baby's appetite.
Benefits of breastfeeding
This is a nature perfect food, complete and designed to meet the baby´s specific needs. Its ingredients cannot be manufactured. It is a living cell that helps to fight illness and helps the brain, eyes and digestive track healthy development.
a gift that only you can give
- It is recommended to breastfeed within the 1st hour after delivery.
- Lay the baby naked on your chest. This can provide many benefits and helps the start of the breastfeeding.