a gift that only you can give
Robin Paine, Nutritionist
certified breastfeeding counselor at HRHCare WIC Program
L e t´s T a l k H e a l t h
- It is recommended to breastfeed withing the 1st hour after delivery.
- Lay the baby baked on your chest. This can provide many benefits and helps the start of the breastfeeding.
- Room in with your baby, spend as much time as you can with the baby after delivery.
If you had a c-section you can still breastfeed.
-Avoid formula supplementation and over breastfeeding your baby.
Find more info and see full video in ABClatino Let´s Talk Health
- Do not exceed the use of the pacifier, this can alter the baby's appetite.
- If you are no able to breastfeed the baby due to a medical situation, work with a hospital breastfeeding specialist to determine if pumping your breast milk may be necessary
- Mothers who breastfeed, have lower risk for type 2 diabetes and certain cancers, such as breast cancer.
Benefits of breastfeeding
This is a nature perfect food, is complete and it is designed to meet your baby´s specific needs. Its ingredients cannot be manufactured. It is a living cell that helps to fight illness and help the brain, eyes and digestive track healthy development.