– Research Sun symbols – Use your imagination – Get crafting !
Polly ’ s mission
1 hour Individual DIFFICULTY : Easy peasy
I don ’ t know about you but I LOVE those pectorals from ancient Egypt . They were both beautiful AND they meant BUSINESS . A pectoral was worn by an important person . It was like a statement necklace – it was big , made from gold and covered with jewels . We ’ re going to make our own one today , inspired by the Sun , or by any mythical Sun-related beasts you like – it ’ s up to you ! Mine is going to be a fire-breathing dragon because they ’ re awesome !
YOU WILL NEED
– Two pieces of A3 coloured card
– One piece of A5 coloured paper for collage ( optional )
– Scissors – Glue – Coloured pens or paper
– A circular dinner plate to draw around
– A small bowl or roll of tape to draw around
– A length of string , wool or elastic
– Tape get started
PHASE 1 :
Draw around the dinner plate on one of the A3 pieces of card and cut it out . Next , place your roll of tape or bowl inside the circle of card so it touches the top edge . Draw around it and cut it out , so you end up with a basic wing shape . This is the base for your necklace .