OUR PARTNERS ARE JOINING IN !
KeHE ’ s tradeshow partner , The Expo Group , joined the pledge for a net zero carbon footprint . Towards this effort , The Expo Group and other pledge members commit to :
• Before the end of 2023 , publish their organization ’ s pathway to achieve net zero by 2050 at the latest , with an interim target in line with the Paris Agreement ’ s requirement to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions by 50 percent by 2030 .
• Collaborate with partners , suppliers , and customers to drive change across the value chain .
• Measure and track Scope 1 , 2 , and 3 greenhouse gas emissions according to industry best practice .
• Report on progress at least every two years .
TODAY , THE EXPO GROUP HAS ALREADY IMPLEMENTED MULTIPLE INITIATIVES TO SUPPORT RE- DUCTIONS IN GREENHOUSE EMISSIONS INCLUDING :
With contracted services offerings :
• No shipping options
• Digital graphics with zero footprint
• Reusable / sustainable materials to ensure no waste
• Streamlined processes design to minimize materials and waste
• Standardized furnishings and prices
• Rent vs . buy Exhibits
• Controlled material handling
• Reusable registrations kiosks
THE EXPO GROUP ’ S PACKAGING PLANS ( VERSUS ALA CARTE ) INCLUDE :
• Less shipping where applicable
• Rent vs . buy options for Carpet , Furnishings and Exhibits
• GBAC cleaning materials
• More efficient models resulting in less waste
• The Expo Group will continue to provide updates on our commitments to meet the industry pledge as we drive toward the Net Zero Carbon commitment .
2023 KeHE Summer Eco Friendly Trade Show 7