COUNSELOR IN TRAINING PROGRAM ( CIT )
Teens entering grades 9 and 10
Our Counselor in Training Program is a skill Development Camp for those entering 9th and 10th grades , specializing in the vision and importance of leadership , work force skills and experience working with children . The CIT Program offers opportunities for CITs to socialize and engage with their peers while working as a member of a team through the participation in interactive activities and volunteering opportunities within the JCC Camps . This Program offers long lasting memories , builds confidence , and gives participants experiences that can be utilized for future employment .
As our older campers ’ transition towards their independence , we are providing four weeks of captivating youth experiences that are broken down in two 2-week sessions . In the first session , campers will participate in skill development at the JCC . In the second session , campers will have the opportunity to practice their skills working with campers at either Specialty Camps or Camp Hilbert .
The four weeks will include the following : Orientation , training , CPR first aid , job preparedness ( creating resumes , mock interview , Zoom interview , job application , etc .) late stay with dinner , social time , time management , team building , conflict resolution , role playing , diversity training , planning and implementing activities for children , emergency situations and community service projects . We are so excited to continue this very important camp for our future leaders . Our priority and responsibility is to assist and prepare our youth . Come learn , serve and grow with us !
Option 1 : ( Weeks 1 & 2 Only ): June 21 - July 2 • Location : Weinstein JCC
- Time management - CPR / First aid - Emergency situations - Conflict resolution / communication - Late stay / dinner - Team building - Job preparedness ( resume , job application , mock interview )
- Volunteer / internship with campers - Ages and stages of development - Safety - Planning and implementing activities - Parent expectations - Diversity training - Zoom / phone interview
- On-site work and assigned group
Option 2 ( weeks 1-4 ): June 21 - July 16 Locations : Camp Hilbert , Specialty Camps & Weinstein JCC
- Field work , with counselors working directly with kids / groups
Orientation : Sunday , June 20 • 10:00 a . m . -3:00 p . m .
Option 1 ( Weeks 1 & 2 Only ): June 21 - July 2
• Option 2 ( Weeks 1-4 ): June 21 - July 16
Cost : $ 485M /$ 600NM
Cost : $ 820M /$ 935NM
* Participants completing full four weeks will receive a stipend and Certificate of Completion . * Single session participants will receive a Certificate of Completion .