1989 – City Hall moves from the downtown bank location ( now Mainstreet Café ) to their new building , located on Holyoke and County Road 50 , its current location today .
1992 – Land of Amazement , a wooden play area , is constructed at North Park .
1936 – First airmail arrives . The plane lands in a field that is now known as Aronson Park .
1940 – Lakeville Township and Village holds the Lakeville Egg Festival .
1952 – Reorganization of school districts consolidates into District 194 , Lakeville Area Schools .
1963 – Valley Park , originally called College Park , starts development with five houses selling for $ 16,000-18,000 .
1967 – Lakeville Township and Lakeville Village merged to form the City of Lakeville . Festival called Panorama of Progress began .
1967 – Airlake Industrial Park begins development . Over 36 farmers sold land and 1,445 acres were purchased for an airport and industrial development .
1996 - Lakeville Convention & Visitors Bureau was established as the tourism marketing arm for the area Chamber of Commerce
2006 - Opening of the Holiday Inn & Suites in the location of the old Super 8 .
2016 – Ritter Farm Dog Park , Lakeville ’ s first 5.5-acre dog park , opens to all furry residents and their humans .
Land of Amazement 2.0 is established at Steve Michaud Park replacing the 24 year old children play area .
2019 – Lakeville Liquors celebrates their 85th Anniversary and announces a new store number four coming in late 2021 .
1969 – Aronson Park is purchased by the City . A flagpole was donated by the Aronson family In June 1973 in memory of Leo Aronson , longtime mayor of Lakeville .
1972 – Ritter Farm , once named Oak Hills Farm , was purchased by the City of Lakeville . The second $ 100,000 bond passed in 1972 and the 313-acre farm became Ritter Farm Park . The park is a beloved treasure of hikers , picnickers and birdwatchers alike .
1974 – Antlers Park is purchased by the City .
1975 – Marianne Curry is the first woman elected to City government .
1978 – Lakeville celebrates its Centennial .
1984 - Lakeville Commercial Club becomes The Lakeville Chamber of Commerce
1915 – $ 50,000 spent on park amusements , attractions , and buildings .
1986 – The Sea Girt Inn , on the north side of Orchard Lake , is destroyed by fire during an extensive remodeling project .
Lakeville has continued to grow into a dynamic suburban community where residents and businesses work together , just as their pioneer ancestors did . Today , Dodd Boulevard still bisects the City , and Lake Marion ( formerly Prairie Lake ) is still a valued recreational and environmental feature .
Striving to preserve its small town heritage , the original village and fire hall with its bell tower still stands in downtown Lakeville today . The original bell now hangs at the Fire Department located on Holyoke Avenue .
LAKEVILLE HISTORICAL SOCIETY ( 952 ) 985-4680 • www . mnlahs . org lahs1995 @ gmail . com